VTeX CJK support
Beginning with version 6.4 VTeX's PDF mode supports CJK (Chinese-Japanese-Korean) languages.
For the first time it has become easy to create high-quality .pdf files in CJK
languages. VTeX's CJK capabilities can be easily combined with other VTeX
VTeX supports the following document encodings:
- Mathematics, including our exclusive quality fonts.
- Our extensive graphics support, including the
GeX graphics extender.
- Full support for inline PostScript code (PSTricks/PSFrag).
- Easy generation of pdf links and outline entries with pdf.sty.
You can see sample VTeX output by downloading these provided samples:
To preview these samples you will needed Adobe Acrobat 4 with the Asian
Language Packs installed; these can be downloaded from
the Adobe site.
VTeX's CJK support is built on top of Werner Lemberg's CJK macro package
and the Adobe Asian languages support in Acrobat 4; unlike other CJK
implementations, VTeX's extentions allow compiling CJK sources directly,
without the need for a pre-processor.
BG5 for Traditional Chinese
GB for Simplified Chinese
SJIS (6.41) for Japanese
KSC for Korean (beta)
- VTeX 6.4 (6.41 for SJIS)
- Adobe Acrobat 4+Asian Packs